ABOUT THE BYG TEEN MINISTRY
The BYG Teen Ministry exists to reach non-believing teens (in house and outside), to connect them with other Christians, to help them grow in their faith, and to challenge the growing to discover their ministry and honor God with their life.
WHO WE ARE
We are the teens from the Buford Church of Christ! We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God. We strive to be people who belong to Jesus and our aim is to be guided by His will. We realize we are far from perfect in our attempt to follow Jesus, and thus we gratefully acknowledge that we are saved by the grace of God through faith in Jesus in being baptized for the remission of our sins. We understand we can only be right as we submit in faithful obedience to the will of God as given through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Our ultimate goal is to point all mankind towards Jesus. We also want our teens to know how to appropriately handle God’s word! Through a good understanding of the word of God, we can then have a true relationship with Jesus.
Not much is expected from teenagers in today’s world. In fact, the only thing that is expected of them is trouble. We expect rebellion, anger, trouble, problems, and more. That is not the case at Buford. We see Teens as a vital part of the Lord’s church who are an untapped source of encouragement, energy, excitement, and love.
They have the energy and ability to go into all the world and it is our goal to equip them and send them. While we are not without the “teen” issues of today, we seek to form a healthy environment in which our teens can confront their problems and grow from their struggles.
- Recognize the talents of adults who work with our teens. Each of these adults – whether they are teachers, chaperons, counselors, small group leaders, etc. – have a vital role to play in our group to help develop our teens into faithful servants of Jesus.
- Recognize that our ultimate goal is to prepare our teens for works of service. We want to see our teens involved in service projects, mission projects, and efforts where they share the message of Jesus with others.
- Spiritual growth remains a priority for our group. We want to see them grow in faith and in their knowledge of God’s word. Not only is it important that they know God’s word, but also that they live God’s word. Part of that spiritual growth involves helping them know the difference between God’s will and the deceitfulness of Satan.
- We want to speak the truth in love. We want to help our teens learn the importance of kindness – kindness to each other, to adults who help in our ministry, and to newcomers.
- Involvement remains a high priority. Each person has different talents. Together, we make up the body of Christ where everyone comes together to do his or her part in helping the kingdom of God grow. We look out for each other. We encourage each other, and we strengthen each other.
“It is not about us. It is about HIM.” This provides a constant reminder of why we are here, who we serve, and what we are all called to do. Our teens will be heavily involved in service activities throughout the entire year and having this focus will allow us to constantly remember that Jesus died for ALL.