about this event
Our annual Ladies Retreat is for Buford ladies and their guests. It is March 8-9, Friday thru Saturday noon, at the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel. There is an option to spend the night on Friday or just come to the Saturday activities.
SPEAKER: Cayron Mann from Florence, AL. She is a licensed Counselor in private practice. She serves as a Child and Teen Program Coordinator for the Healing Place, a children’s grief center in North Alabama. She taught Language Arts at the secondary level for 12 years. She lost her husband in 2010. She has a 17 yr old son. She loves great coffee, reading books and an occasional Netflix series binge-watching from time to time.
Detailed information sheets can be found in the foyer or here.
OPTIONS & RATES:
Friday night hotel stay (includes Saturday breakfast/lunch): Registration is now closed
|Quad (4 Person) Room||$55 per person|
|Triple (3 Person) Room||$65 per person|
|Double (2 Person) Room||$75 per person|
|Single (1 Person) Room||$150 per person|
- Room details: Quad and Triple Rooms are equipped with 2 double beds and will sleep up to 2 guests per bed. Double Rooms are equipped with 2 custom sized beds (4’W x 6.5’L) that will sleep 1 person per bed. Last minute additions to Double Rooms will be not be accommodated since the maximum occupancy is 2 people.
- Before you register for a multi-person room, select 1 lady to be the Room Coordinator. You will enter this at the time of individual registration.
- Seek out ladies from our congregation that may be new or haven’t attended before, that might want to spend the night but need roommates. Let the co-chairs or hotel coordinator know if you need help finding a roommate or have an open slot in your room.
Friday Night or Saturday Only (No hotel stay): Registration is now closed
|Friday Only||No Charge|
|Saturday Only with Breakfast/Lunch||$42 per person|
|Saturday Only with Lunch||$22|
- Parking Passes: Use the South Campus Parking Deck adjacent to the hotel. We encourage you to carpool with your roommates and friends. The driver of your group will need to select that she needs a parking pass at the time of registration. If you don’t reserve one in advance, you will pay for parking the day of the event. If your plans change closer to the retreat date, please get in touch with the hotel coordinator, Lindsey Taylor, about releasing or reserving a parking pass.
- Friday Dinner: You will need to eat prior to the Friday night activities. There is a restaurant at the hotel or several in Athens. The hotel has a free shuttle available that can take you around downtown Athens. Call the hotel for full details about the shuttle or restaurant.
- Hotel Coordinator: Lindsey Taylor – contact her if you need to make any adjustments or have questions.
Registration is open from Sunday, 1/6 thru 1/30. All registration is done through the website. Registration is now closed
There is an option to pay by cash/check or credit card. Place cash/check payments in a Ladies Retreat envelope found at the Welcome Center and place it in the drop box on the wall. Payment is due at the time of registration.
registered guest helpful info
Click here for a printable sheet containing parking info and important times and locations.
See the Google Maps link at the top of this web page to plan your route.
CO-CHAIRS: Sarah Palmer and Shelley Thomson