ABOUT THIS EVENT
“Extreme Marriage Makeover: The Lord’s Edition” will be the focus of our time together!
Speaker: Neil Richey, MA, LAPC
About the speaker: Neil is the Pulpit Minister for the Piedmont Road Church of Christ, and a Licensed Associate Professional Counselor working under supervision. Neil serves in the Greater Atlanta, GA area.
“I believe that the Bible is the all-sufficient word of God, and the answer to all of life’s struggles. I also believe that there are times when a person has been so challenged by the difficulties of life that their physical, psychological, social, and spiritual health have become out of balance. Sometimes, well-meaning Christians will tell the stressed, distressed, or depressed that the cure for their embalance is to read their Bible more and to pray harder. In my judgment this response is both naive and potentially dangerous.
As a Christian, who happens to be a minister and a counselor, I want to help people find their way, and to once again enjoy greater life satisfaction. Another minister and counselor once said, “…I came that they may have life and have it abundantly” (John 10:10-ESV).”
- 9:00 AM – Bible Class: “I’ve Had It! Six Signs that Your Marriage is in Trouble”
- 10:00 AM – Worship: “Where You Lead Me I Will Follow”
- 11:30 AM – Fellowship Meal (Meat provided. Bring sides, desserts and drinks)
- 12:45 PM – Afternoon Session #1: “Houston, We Have a Problem!”
- 1:45 PM – Afternoon Session #2: “You, Me, and God. We’ve Got This!”
- 2:40 PM – Devotional
No 6pm Worship Service
CHILDCARE: For Nursery to 6th Grade will be provided from 12:45-2:45pm. They will have “VBS style” activities and classes. Teens can see J Hall or Stan/Connie Quinn to assist with childcare.