ABOUT THIS EVENT
“Extreme Marriage Makeover: The Lord’s Edition” will be the focus of our time together!
Speaker: Neil Richey, MA, LAPC
About the speaker: Neil is the Pulpit Minister for the Piedmont Road Church of Christ, and a Licensed Associate Professional Counselor working under supervision. Neil serves in the Greater Atlanta, GA area.
“I believe that the Bible is the all-sufficient word of God, and the answer to all of life’s struggles. I also believe that there are times when a person has been so challenged by the difficulties of life that their physical, psychological, social, and spiritual health have become out of balance. Sometimes, well-meaning Christians will tell the stressed, distressed, or depressed that the cure for their imbalance is to read their Bible more and to pray harder. In my judgment this response is both naive and potentially dangerous.
As a Christian, who happens to be a minister and a counselor, I want to help people find their way, and to once again enjoy greater life satisfaction. Another minister and counselor once said, “…I came that they may have life and have it abundantly” (John 10:10-ESV).”
- 9:00 AM – Bible Class: “I’ve Had It! Six Signs that Your Marriage is in Trouble”
- 10:00 AM – Worship: “Where You Lead Me I Will Follow”
- 11:30 AM – Fellowship Meal (Grilled & fried chicken and Fried Tilapia provided, along with a large special cake). Please focus more on bringing side dishes and drinks to share. If you forgot to sign-up already for lunch, please still plan on staying!
- 12:20pm – Childcare will begin with children splitting into age groups from the Fellowship Hall to begin activities. This is for children Nursery to 6th. At the conclusion, children will be brought down to the Auditorium no later than 2:40pm to rejoin their parents prior to the devotional.
- 12:45 PM – Afternoon Session #1: “Houston, We Have a Problem!”
- 1:45 PM – Afternoon Session #2: “You, Me, and God. We’ve Got This!”
- 2:40 PM – Devotional
No 6pm Worship Service