ABOUT THE CONGREGATION
The mission of the Buford congregation of the Lord’s church is to carry on the mission given to the church you read about in the New Testament. We seek to:
- Glorify and honor God through Biblical worship (John 4:24)
- Preach the gospel of Christ to all the world (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Equip and build up fellow Christians (Ephesians 4:1-17)
- Help the poor and down trodden, especially those of the household of faith (Matthew 25:35-40, Galatians 6:10)
Buford Church of Christ confirms its commitment to follow the principles of the first century church Jesus built. We speak where the Bible speaks and remain silent where the Bible is silent. We hold that in matters of faith, unity; in matters of opinion, liberty; in all things love. The church of the New Testament is the kingdom of God waiting to be presented at the judgment as the pure bride of Christ. We assemble on the first day of the week for Bible study, worship, and fellowship, as was done by the first century church. It is our firm desire to simply be Bible Christians; nothing more and nothing less.
- Jehovah God is Sovereign, the creator of the Universe, and it is our duty to love Him as our Father with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.
- Jesus is the Christ, the son of God, who died on the cross for the remission of our sins and was resurrected from the tomb, and is seated at the right hand of God in Heaven.
- The Holy Spirit is one in the trinity with God the Father and Jesus the Christ; He is given as a gift after baptism, He is our assurance of eternal life.
- The gospel is the good news concerning the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ; there is salvation in no other.
- Salvation is received through individual obedience to the gospel call by believing that Jesus is God’s only son, repenting of sins, confessing that Jesus is the Christ, being baptized by immersion in water for the forgiveness of sins and then pursuing a faithful life with Jesus as Lord.
- The Bible is the inspired word of God and is the sole authority given for reproof, for correction and for training in righteousness that the man of God may be adequately equipped for every good work.
elders – deacons – ministers
ELDERS: At the Buford congregation we currently have 10 elders that oversee the functioning of the church and our membership (Acts 20:28; 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9). Email the eldership: email@example.com
DEACONS: Many men serve the Buford church family in many different ways, leading in a Deacon role. We encourage you to contact them directly to see how you can get involved in their ministries. (1 Timothy 3:8-13)
MINISTERS: Our Ministers provide encouragement, provide classes and sermons for individual and congregational Spiritual growth. Please let them know how they might help with your walk with God. They are available for personal Bible studies and counseling.